!-- blueadvertise.com ad code : Big Box 300x250 -->

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Married to US Citizen and Need Green Card? No Prob... Oh! You're Gay???!!!!!

Here's another slap at the United States and the nanny-state nonsense that goes on in that country. ....




At first glance, their life together seems ideal. Rie and Dianne (who have asked that their real names not be used) have a home overlooking a lush garden in a small, caring community. But Rie is Japanese, and even though she and Dianne are legally married in their state, a federal law prohibits her from obtaining a spousal green card. And so their 10 years together have been overshadowed by a struggle to keep Rie in the country. "I've done everything I can. If it comes to the point of deportation, I guess I will just have to go. But to have to leave your family thinking you cannot come back is awful," said Rie. (Japan Times)


In the USA, people are constantly side-tracked from the real problems that the country faces by ridiculous side-shows that go on. I remember many years ago, when the non "issue" of gay marriage was going on in the States, one of my friends wrote to me and asked, "What do japanese people think of the big problem?"


"What big problem?" I answered.


He was astounded. He couldn't believe that the Japanese weren't as up in arms about gay rights as the busy-body Americans are. As if everyone in the world was riveted on the same absurdist nonsense the USA is. As if the entire world revolves around the USA. 


I read the internet news. Of course, I knew about the "problem" of gay marriages and the controversy in the USA. I knew about it. What did I think about it?


I thought, "God! I'm glad I moved away from that busybody nuthouse."


My friend continued with the questioning about what Japanese think of gays. I told him, "What two people decide to do in their own homes is no one else's business. That's what the Japanese think. It is a non-issue."


He was dumbfounded. 


I also added to him that the people in the USA would do much better for themselves if they emulated the Japanese and started minding their own business. I mean, what difference does it make to you or me if Bob and Tony want to get married? Who cares if it is Kenji and Taro? Or who cares if it is Susan and Jane? I hope they are happy. More power to them!


Will allowing gays to marry ruin the sanctity of marriage? Ha! In the USA, a country that has the highest divorce rate in the world, I think allowing gays to get married is the last thing that will ruin marriage.


In this day and age, with the economy tanking, wars all over the world, starvation, environmental problems and problems with energy and food safety, the last thing we need to do is give people a hard time in their search for happiness.


Why doesn't the government of the USA just leave these people alone? 


No comments:

Post a Comment